Room 4

Room 4
Awesome Learners

Friday 23 May 2014

One Moment in Time

Everyone has been writing amazing poems in our unit, using wonderful language features and descriptive vocabulary.  This learning can be seen in our writing about a moment in time.  Everyone is using their 5 senses as well to describe thoughts and feelings.

Here is Mia's writing about cross country which we ran last week -
            The Starting Line

My heart was pounding, sweat was dripping down my forehead, my throat suddenly had turned dry and my legs felt like lead.  My feet felt like they were sinking into the ground.
The tree’s were dancing in the wind.  I looked from left to right, there were so many other girls I had to try to get in front of.  My cheeks were flushed, my legs had turned into wobbly jelly.  I could hear the mob of deafening shouts of encouraging teachers, parents and other children.
The sun glare was enough to blind my eyes and it was beating the heat down on me!  I could see the uneven ground I was going to run on, then my nervousness started taking over.  I could taste the sour wind blowing around me and I was left wondering … can I do this?

By Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment